ClearLead Consulting is a specialist energy, environment and sustainability consultancy, founded in 2014. We offer high quality, specialist consultancy services to select clients in commercial, industrial and public sectors in UK and global markets. We have a dynamic and collaborative approach to problem solving, delivering global best practice with a focus on selling value not time. We place real value on providing our team with a friendly, challenging and rewarding place to work.
ClearLead Consulting Limited – Senior Consultant – Energy and Carbon
Due to our continued success and continuing growth, we have a vacancy for a Senior Consultant with strong experience of conducting energy efficiency and related studies of industrial, commercial, and public sector facilities.
Title: Senior Energy Consultant
Location: Flexible: South East England, South West England, North West England, Scotland (Home-based or option to be office-based near Exeter)
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
We are looking for an experienced Senior Energy Consultant (typically 4 to 8 years’ experience, though flexible for more/less for the right candidate), who is able to operate under their own initiative and who take the technical lead for a range of energy-related tasks. These will include energy audits and surveys, feasibility studies, technical due diligence, energy management, monitoring and targeting, energy and water benchmarking, carbon footprinting, development of energy and carbon strategies (including Net Zero Carbon) and employee awareness and training.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate strong technical, project management and business development experience and be effective communicators with strong interpersonal skills.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree in an Engineering or other relevant science-based subject, and ideally be a Chartered Engineer and member of a relevant professional Institute (such as the EI, IChemE, IMechE, IEE, CIBSE, or similar). Members of the EI Register of Professional Energy Consultants, Chartered Energy Managers, CIBSE Low Carbon Consultants, or other ESOS-specific qualifications are especially welcome. For early career professionals, evidence of working towards Chartered status would be seen as an advantage.
- Experience in conducting on-site energy assessments, audits and surveys of industrial, commercial and public sector facilities.
- Evaluation of the performance and cost-effectiveness of energy efficiency technologies, for use in industrial, commercial and public sector facilities
- Good knowledge of current and future drivers for energy efficiency, including SECR/MGHG Reporting, CCA, EU-ETS, EU EPBD, EU EED/ESOS and Building Regulations.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English. Second languages an advantage.
- Strong report writing skills relating to energy efficiency technologies, and the results of energy assessments.
- Good IT skills with advanced experience in MS Excel spreadsheet methods for various types of analyses.
- Good presentation skills, and will be comfortable communicating findings at all levels
- A proven track record in and an aptitude for business development is an advantage.
- Experience of low and zero carbon technologies and techniques including CHP and renewable energy technologies will be viewed as an advantage.
- Experience of the use of commercial energy M&T software packages will be viewed as an advantage.
- Experience in the development and delivery of energy awareness and technical training will be an advantage.
Positions will be based in either ClearLead’s Headquarters in rural Devon (just outside Exeter), or will be home-based, subject to demonstration of an aptitude for remote working.
ClearLead offers an attractive salary and benefits package for the right candidate, commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunities employer, and foster a flexible, family friendly approach to work.
Please forward CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org